Disc Golfers, what's in your bag?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrregularPulse

Hobby Collector
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
It's that time of year again and I'm hoping to play as much as possible this year.
I just started last fall and have played a whopping 7 times now. I got a basic beginner set from Dunhams Sports for christmas. I'm just curious as to what discs you all use, how many, and and types.

I currently use the following 3 Innova Disks

Leopard DX Driver 170g
Shark DX Midrange 150g
Aviar putter

I'm anxious to see how they break in and behave also as I learn to consistently throw them. I'll probably stick to just these 3 this year as I learn unless one gets broken. or I get to play a lot and need to add as one becomes understable.

And for you multi-disc-ers, how much of a PITA is it carry those large bags?

Well I am a multi discer. I carry the Revolution Dual pack seen here
dual.pack.blue.skies.498.jpg

Here is what is in my bag 95% of the time. I also have about another 30 backup disc and random disc at home along with my portable basket.

In the bag right now
Putters
Pro Pig
SSS Gateway Voodoo
SS Gateway Voodoo

Mid range
Pro D Buzzz
ESP Buzzz
ESP FLX Buzzz
2x demons

Drivers
2x DX Tbirds
Start Tbird
2x champ Monarchs
Pro Wraith
Start Wraith
Champ Groove
Champs Teerex
Champ Firebird

I know it seems like a lot but they are in different stages of wear and have them incase I loose one during a round.

It is not a PITA to carry a bag at all. I find it to be more of a PITA to carry just disc with now bag.

There is also a random new disc or 2 that I am trying out in the bag.

Other non disc items in the bag
Ibuprofen
mini
band aides
pocket knife
sunblock
bug spray
poncho
pencils/markers
small clipboard

during tournaments I carry a stool as well.

Star Destroyer 169 - Couldn't live without it
Star Tee Rex 170 - This thing has been through hell and back and is still pretty damn stable.
Champion Monarch 175 - Meh, I liked this disc at first but the more it gets broke in the more I am over-throwing it.
A 174 and a 175 Star Tee Bird - Straight fliers and tough as nails, love these for the wooded courses.
I also have a light Valkyrie and I might still have a champion Tee Bird too.

MRV BABY! - Until recently this was my only mid-range. I now have coyote, a Z-glide, a Roc and a classic Roc.

Two Aviar putters.

In addition to the discs I have a bottle of water, marker disc, pen, scorecard and a rag. If it's going to be a long day I will usually bring some ale. The next brewery project is going to be a cart that holds my bag and an insulated keg.

In the past I haven't carried a bag, but I will this year.

I don't carry too many discs, but I've generally got:
Star Valkyrie
Star Destroyer
KC Pro Banshee
Star Leopard
Blowfly Putter
Aviar Putter

I've got a number of other discs that rotate in and out. I really like Star plastic.

The blowfly is a nice disc to have if you're playing at a course with water (or cliffs). Fitzgerald Park in Grand Ledge, MI has a hole that ends in a downhill to a stagnant pond. Thanks to the blowfly I've never lost a disc in there.

That's when it becomes money with the hyzer flip! Also, makes a great roller disc. that is why I carry 2 of them
I still haven't mastered the roller but I will give it shot when I go out tonight. I just can't believe how easily it flips, it was a pretty stable disc last season and it really hasn't been thrown into nearly as many trees as most of my drivers.

I've been disc golfing before(in my college days) and know that there are some essentials being left out here. You hippies know what I'm talking about. :)

I keep it simple with three disks. Nothing special

Aviar-X putt and approach
Innova Champion VALKYRIE
Innova Rock Mid range multi-purpose.

They're all filthy too. Gotta get some new once spring comes around.

I am carrying:

Discraft Ace Race 2007 (175)
Innova Raven old and busted.. only for rollers
Innova Beast 171
Discraft Buzzz-GT (first and only Ace disc)
Innova leopard
Discraft XL
Innova Monster
Discraft Magnet

Wow, more DG's than I remember. I wanna go play so bad right now, but I have to go home and pick up dog bombs so my family doesn't ruin their shoes this weekend helping me put in a fence.

2 SSS wizards
2 SS wizards

2 Dx Rocs
1 Z Wasp

1 champ wraith
1 champ Destroyer
1 beat dx valk
1 champ leopard
1 pro starfire
1 champ firebird
Sometimes a champ teebird

I am usin the texas bag from revolution.

I've been disc golfing before(in my college days) and know that there are some essentials being left out here. You hippies know what I'm talking about. :)

I was thinking the same thing. everyone I know that has played or currently does is alway stoned to the beejeezus.

I was thinking the same thing. everyone I know that has played or currently does is alway stoned to the beejeezus.

man that's so true. I live about 5 minutes from morley field here in San Diego. (anyone who plays that course knows all about 'the bowl hole') I haven't played in about 3 weeks or so because of school. :( I cant remember what I have off the top of my head but I usually carry around 3 drivers 2 mid ranges and a putter.

I'm showing my own ignorance here, but I had no idea that there were different discs. Whenever anyone says disc golf I picture drunk dudes whizzing frisbees around a golf course. :D

Obviously that's not the case. :drunk:

I'm showing my own ignorance here, but I had no idea that there were different discs. Whenever anyone says disc golf I picture drunk dudes whizzing frisbees around a golf course. :D

Obviously that's not the case. :drunk:

haha not the case but I'm sure there are drunk dude whizzing regular Frisbee around the DG Course. People don't realize there are special discs until they break their regular Frisbee first time it whacks a tree. It was Frisbee carnage the Wednesday with little free fair Frisbee shrapnel all over the place.

How to you multi disc guys remember what disc does what!

Experience.

When I started I had a driver, mid-range, and putter. So all I had to remember was throw the red one, then the yellow one, then the blue one. That certainly oversimplifies it but after some time you get used to the different discs and you know on a short hole that you're better off with your mid-range disc.

People who use a huge number of discs generally play a lot and are quite familiar with the flight characteristics of each one.

Have not played in a while still. When I do play I use the PDGA tour bag and carry about 14 discs and enough brew for 9 holes. I primarily use Innova discs.

Experience.

When I started I had a driver, mid-range, and putter. So all I had to remember was throw the red one, then the yellow one, then the blue one. That certainly oversimplifies it ...

Thats definitely where I'm at right now. Use the Yellow one, then the red one, then the white one. I'm researching the discs and figuring out what they're supposed to do compared to what they're doing and learning more about them. But part of me just wants to say, stop researching crap and go throw discs at baskets. All our courses are national parks so no alcohol:(

BOO!!!!!!!!

I don't know if it'd solve the drinking problem but I threw discs around a field. You learn the different characteristics quickly when you try to hit the same point with different discs.

BOO!!!!!!!!

I don't know if it'd solve the drinking problem but I threw discs around a field. You learn the different characteristics quickly when you try to hit the same point with different discs.
I was tossing my mid range and putter around the back yard yesterday. We just put up a privacy fence Saturday so I was trying to hit a certain panel going one way, then trying to land them in my tree planter coming back.

IP, gonna revive this zombie since the season is just starting up here. :mug:

Depending on the course, I either carry an Innova tour or a Fade bag.

Drivers: Z AvengerSS, Z Xpress, Z Zombee (first run), EliteX XL, ESP Surge (Doss sig), QuestAT Raging Inferno DT
Mids: Ching Legacy, Z Buzzz, X Buzzz, Lat 64 Core, QuestAT T-Bone DT
Putts: Blowfly I, SoftX Putt'r, Millenium Omega

I have a few others I carry in my bigger bag, those are my main throwers.

All the disc golfers I used to play with had a lot of weed and beer in their bags. I used to carry around 3 discs when I played. That's all I ever needed.

I carry only a few key ones that I use 90% of the time, and a few decent backup discs just in case...

Drivers:
Blizzard Katana (my #1 distance driver)
Champion Wraith
Champion Leopard
1st run Tee-Bird

Mids:
DX Gator
DX Hydra

Putters:
Roc (also doubles as a midrange sometimes)
Aviar
Birdie

Back