Looking for store bought metal carts, shelves, etc for brew stand, any rec?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fasttimes

Reaction score
The other day I was at my local BJ's and there was a metal cart for sale, $40, had two shelves, that folded up and with a little tinkering looked like I could make it into a moveable brew stand. I hesitated to buy it and then it sold out and seems to be gone for good. So now I'm looking for an alternative. Has anyone had any sucess with a store bought set up, metal, that could be converted to become a brew stand?

I'm in the same boat. I am thinking of these little wire shelves

http://sites.target.com/site/en/spot/mobile_product_detail.jsp?tcin=13892292&keywords=Wire shelf

I used to have a fish tank on one so I know it's ok for the weight, but no wheels :/. I think they sell little casters to pop onto the feet, but they look a little sketch. I think instead of a brew cart, it would be more appropriately named a "awkwardly mobile brewing table". If you don't have stairs in the way how hard can it be to scoot! Furniture sliders are underrated.. Wheels.. Hmph.

You mean, like this?
I got the wire shelves for free from a friend a long time ago and have been using them for a couple of years now. I recently added the wheels that they sell at Target and they work just fine even with a large grain bill in my cooler and a full 10gal HLT at the top.
My only and biggest problem with this setup is trying to get my RO water into my HLT. Lifting a 5 gal jug that high just isn't fun. However, it does work, and works well.

2012-07-15_12-51-36_929.jpg

For wire shelve racks have you checked out the local restaurant supply house? They often sell to homeowners.

Wow those are good looking casters. I don't recall seeing anything that substantial at my local target. I just saw those inky dinky ~1" wheels that you would find on a laundry hamper or something. I'll have to check again apparently!

Back