Future basement brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mlarnold

Reaction score
I know that there are many threads like this but this one is mine. A before picture will be posted later as the app keeps crashing when I try to upload. In our basement there is a raised portion which years ago had a shower, sink, and toilet.

Due to large salt deposits from the water softwner draining onto the floor. At the moment I'm asking advise on how to get the salt up. Im soaking it and scraping it which os working but slow going.

(Edit:nevermind, guess the picture did post)

ForumRunner_20130912_123334.jpg

ForumRunner_20130912_123357.jpg

Read up on "Efflorescence". I had it when I grouted my kitchen floor. I applied a product from Home Depot and that took it off.
Sound like diluted muratic acid might do the trick

I've read some about it but most suggested products arent available in my area, minimum hour from anything

Do you know if theres a minimum amount of efflourecance that can be left and still patch the concrete?

I like to think so. Hopefully this winter the walls and floor will get tiled and wired so I can e-brew. In the next year or so will get a table set up and bigger sink.

Got my table built and painted, controller came in today and my keggle shined up. Now to get the concrete cleaned and repaired, tile laid, plumbing rerouted and the wiring put it. Going to be a busy few months

ForumRunner_20131122_154436.png

If all goes well whould be able to finish tiling by the weekend and have things wired next week

1392864864013.jpg

Just stopping by to tell you how jealous I am.

I live in Florida, the state of no basements... :(

Looks awesome man!!!

Life has happened and I haven't been able to do much since that last post. This winter I hope to pick it back up though.

I hear ya, life always seems to get in the way of my brewing projects too. Just have flooring left in my brewery, but can't seem to find the time to knock it out. Like yourself, hopefully I can finish up this winter, but at least the brewery is operational at this point, just can't find time to use it. Good luck.....can't wait to see your brewery come together.

Back