Biggest Brew Day To Date!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darkness

Reaction score
So this past Sat my two Brew Budy's and I planed a brew day. It started as a 20g day then 30 then 40 and then 50. The day Started at 8am for me and after going to get parts for a broken faucet. I got started around 11:20. I have a twin 2 vessel RIMS set, and a gas water heater that is cranked up water a tap is about 146deg F. So a quick pass through the heating manifold and we pretty much mash straight in.

First 2 batches done cooled and in fermenters by 2:20. Also ran a 4g smalls off of my Stout and boiled it on the stove upstairs. So I had 24 in and done before any of my friends show up. First Friend shows around 3 his grain I had and started the mash at 2:30. My other Budy couldn't get make it till almost 5:30 then we realize that since he bought a grain mill at the LHBS they didn't grind the 24 1/2# grain bill so we broke in the new mill. On 2 grain bills didn't really get grain in mash till 7 then realized we burnt up a element in one system and I didn't have a extra. So had to heat that strike on a burner then dump into mash Tun.

But at the end of the day 54+gal done and now we wait. There is a great feeling when you find out how much you can brew and realize how much you could have brewed if stuff had gone better.

I have great Friends and the fact that they brew makes getting together that much Funner. I hope you all have good Brew Friends as well.

WE ARE BREW NATION!!!!!!!!!!!!

ya but enough Homebrew will get you through any thing. Or great Brews from your Fav. Craft Breweries and we do that my first brew was at 10:30

Back