Brewpubs/Beer stop in Richmond, VA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaz

Reaction score
Making our way from PA to SC and then on to Savannah, GA. My be in the Richmond, VA area around lunch time. Anyone know a good stop in Richmond for some grub and good craft brews? TIA

Type this in to google maps

Brew pubs in Richmond, va

Now if you happen to have time to go over to Waynesboro, Va they also have a few nice breweries as well with food and tastings.

I didn't ask which pubs Google knows about. I want to know opinions of real people who have been there. Thanks for the useless response though.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Home Brew Talk-Brad

Capital Ale House has a MASSIVE selection of beer. They've got so many beers that their beer menu is 6 or 7 times as many pages as their food menu.

Capitol ale house does have a great selection and if you go there, be sure to get the gouda/bacon mussels - very tasty.

My current favorite place to get beer in richmond though is Mekong. Its not too far off I-95. Beer goes suprisingly well with vietnamese food... and if you think i'm full of it, check out their beer menu at mekongva.com Its massive. Have a safe trip!

Ended up at Legend Brewing Co. brewpub, ended up with a sampler. All good beers, nothing outstanding, but nothing bad. Food was good too.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Home Brew Talk-Brad

I agree, Ledgend's is nothing special. Hopefully with more options like the new brewery in town, and local pubs tapping more microbrews, PBR won't have to be the "People's Beer of Richmond".

Back