Ohio, where to stop?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishkid

Reaction score
This weekend I'll be making a trip down to Bucyrus, OH from right outside of Detroit and am interested in grabbing a barley pop or two. Can anyone recommend any Ohio breweries that I would encounter on my way down?

Here's the map of the trip,
[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=clawson,+mi&daddr=bucyrus,+OH&hl=en&geocode=FfgBiQIds0kL-ymB2ioZtMUkiDGcI7qNXD3QiA%3BFcevbgIdF-UN-ymP990NPnQ5iDGcTfd044HNIA&mra=ls&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=44.25371,87.539063&ie=UTF8&z=8"]Detroit to Bucyrus[/ame]

Thanks in advance, :mug:

Curt

Ha - grew up outside bucyrus. Really nothing there to speak of beer wise. I don't think u would pass anything on the way unless there is a microbrewery in Toledo.

Curious why you're heading to bukirus

(wrise fwom your gwave)

There was a brewery in Toledo or Maumee... I can't remember the name but they had brews in the Ohio Brew Week a couple years back.

CHefJohnboyardee said:
(wrise fwom your gwave)

There was a brewery in Toledo or Maumee... I can't remember the name but they had brews in the Ohio Brew Week a couple years back.

I think it's the Maumee Bay Brewing Co that you are thinking of. Pretty good food and they do a beer sampler of their brews if memory serves me right. Haven't been for a few years.

I was born in Bucyrus and grew up close to there as well Beesy

Nothing to offer regarding beers/breweries. When in Bucyrus, you could visit The Hops Shack.

http://hopsshack.com/

It's where the HBT east regional and finals were held. The owners are pretty good people.

:off:I've heard good things about hop shack, but only come home about 4 times a year. Glad there is something going good in bucyrus instead of at-one-time-good-paying-factory-jobs leaving and scum moving in. The family farm is northeast of bucyrus about 12 miles and every time I drive through town it seems to get worse and worse. :off:

Back