Brewing on Mother's Day?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trubadour

Reaction score
Probably not a good idea! If you have kids, please think twice before brewing today unless your SWMBO truly enjoys having you out of the house and/or actually enjoys brewing with you.

Happy Mother's Day!

LOL!

Not only am I brewing today, I'm also making cheese after the boil. My daughter got me flowers yesterday (she's at work now) and my son seems to have forgotten me. He's 17, though, and only thinks about his girlfriend, and video games.

It's a good thing I don't get too hung up "greeting card holidays".

Well, I don't have kids, and I have been promising my mother to mail her some samples of my beers for a while now.

So, I think she is going to get a couple six-packs from today's brew. Seems to be a good choice.

Well, I don't have kids, and I have been promising my mother to mail her some samples of my beers for a while now.

So, I think she is going to get a couple six-packs from today's brew. Seems to be a good choice.

That's a great gift! You gotta love a son who sends you beer. That would definitely make you my favorite child. Much better than flowers! :rockin:

Yeah - I'm taking the weekend off! Had to get the house tidy yesterday for the MIL to come over, but now one of my little girls is sick, so that might not happen anyway. But for me to brew today would mean SWMBO would either (a) be at the divorce lawyer tomorrow, or (b) sending me to counseling for my brewing addiction. Maybe both...

OT, I couldn't find a relevant thread to mention that Yooper's new (And probably temporary) user name is a definite keeper! :D

Happy mothers day, Yoop!

No brewing for me. I got to attend an all day home brewer appreciation party near Grand Rapids yesterday. Still recovering. Wife was a bit bummed about her mothers day, but I took her shopping for a new phone plan and I made Zuppa Toscana and Apple Cobbler to make up for it. Plus I unveiled the DVD of Caprica to surprise her.

If I'm lucky I could clean up the bottles on the counter, but that is not fun for me.

But, I did win a Rauchbier kit at the party and got some cool stuff like a bottle opener, Rogue T shirt, etc. And now I'm eating Zuppa Toscana with fresh bread and washign it down with someone's Esspresso Stout (or porter I don't know). Soon to top it off with apple cobbler. I guess I did pretty good for mothers day myself!

Didn't brew, but got up before SWMBO, as usual, and bottled my Oktoberfest Ale before she roused. Then set in to cook a nice MD lunch for SWMBO and my mother.

I fit in a brew yesterday morning. Finished in about 4 hours minus cooling the wort from 90 to...... well that was the problem, I was pitching onto a previous cake and the kettle would not cool down and we needed to leave for mothers day. Well I pitched when the wort was about 85* :mad:

And put it in the round cooler with a crap load of ice and a little water thinking it would stabalize and yeah the water was like 55* but I can home 7 hours later and the water was 80* :( and the blow off tube was going absolutly crazy. I spent the next 30 minutes frantically adding ice until I ran out, then moved it to a larger tub of water thinking it was just heating up the water and still couldn't get the water below 70*

Anyways, my lovely SWMBO goes, my don't you put it in the fridge and I was I don't think I can have the fridge at 65* and not have the top freezer part melt. She said, well take out all the meat and bring it the the inside one and give it a try. Well I am glad she suggested it.

I grabbed the ranco and set it up and seems to be working great and the freezer still had frozen food in it this morning. If this works out I have definately found my new fermentation chamber 9 months out of the year.

I just hope those first 8-9 hours at like 80* aren't going to screw with this beer.

Anyways, that was way off topic, I had a great mothers day too with my mother in law.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bi80PsSAHbY]YouTube - Deadliest Catch - Mother's Day Marathon[/ame]

Mom loves this commercial.

She also says it is a greeting card holiday, and invited me over for dinner, cooked up a storm.

I planted some herbs and flowers for her. That's all she wanted.

Mom is pretty cool!

Back