Great new android app - Wort

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StarrHill

Reaction score
For those of you who like to have a smartphone-based app for keeping recipe notes, brew calculators, etc, I've found a great new one. It's called Wort and is available on the Google Play Store.

Some of the features include easy-to-edit recipe addition, with cloud storage and the ability to make notes for different batches of the same recipe, simple to use and accurate brewing calculators for just about everything you'd need. (efficiency, gravity correction, priming/carbing, strike temps, etc)

Limitations at present are that only AG recipes are available. Developer is fantastic, though, and is working on including extract and partial mash recipe types. The app is still in beta, and changing rapidly as the dev responds to user recommendations and feedback.

Overall, it's the best app I've found on Android. I've used BrewR, BrewCalcs, BeerSmith, and Brewer's Friend. Obviously, if you're tied in to the BeerSmith ecosystem, then that will be the better option for you. But if you're looking for a simple, stand-alone app to use on brew day and keep track of your recipes, I strongly recommend this one.

Might not be able to load it in my phone I get no results on a search.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Home Brew mobile app

Doesn't come up on a search from the play store, for some reason. Use the link in the post above, or search the developer, dynamicdesign

Sent from my XT1060 using Home Brew mobile app

Got it thanks, can't load in beersmith recipes... Would be sweet if it could. I use brewaid but wish it had everything wort does... Styling is a little plain as well but looks like it would work well.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Home Brew mobile app

Back