First IPA/IIPA recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forbein11

Reaction score
I brewed a recipe I came up with last night. Didn't ask for advice originally as I wanted to do it and sink or swim on my own for my 1st attempt. Now that I've brewed it, I'd be interested in getting thoughts on how it might come out. Only part not set in stone is the dryhop with the centennial (might switch to Ahtanum as I have an ounce of each lying around). Thanks in advance for the input.

Anti-Jay Double IPA (buddy who hates hoppy beer)

8 Lbs Pilsner LME
2 Lbs Amber LME
1 Lbs Crystal 20 (Steeped)
1.5 Oz. Warrior (60) 16.1%
1.5 Oz. Warrior (40)
1 Oz. Ahtanum (20)
1 Oz. Ahtanum (5)
1 Oz. Cent (DH)

Jamie

It depends on the "purity" of your IPA.. if you want stay with an Ahtanum IPA.. .you should leave Centennial out.... If you want to add some floral note, add the centennial...Centennial is really floral.... Like Stone;s Reunion IPA? if so, add it in there at your secondary.

Thanks for the help. I haven't had the Stone Reunion. I really like the Ruination though. Any idea on which dry hop, Ahtanum or the combination of Cent/Ahntanum, would get closer to the Ruination?

Just moved the beer to secondary. It tastes great. It's bitter, but not too bitter. The dry hops are really going to add to it. I think I'm going to go for the centennial and the ahtanum, 1 oz of each for 5 days or so. Can't wait for it to be ready to drink. Very enthused about my first solo recipe. Thanks for the thoughts.

Back