Best young wines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unferth

Reaction score
I know, I know, wine from pressed fruit that is aged for 2 + years makes the best home wines. I've made them, I LOVE them.

That is precious carboy space for a great deal of time, however.
I also want to make wines that are ready sooner and taste good. 1 month? Two months?

Not kits, btw. I like kits, but they are pricey for good ones.

One month? That's not long enough, even for beer really. It wouldn't be clear, unless fined. It may not even be done fermenting!

6 months I can see.

Oops, I posted this in the cider forum. I'm stupid forgive me! This was obviously meant for wine.

No more Apfelwein for you on Thursday night, Unferth.

I know this doesn't quite square with what you say you're looking for, but you may want to check out the Vino Italiano 4 week kits on Amazon (or the Cornucopia kits if you're into fruit wine). They're $40-$50 delivered in the U.S., they're ready quickly and they're pretty darn good for the price. I'm almost certain they would taste better than any wine from fresh grapes that you bottle in 1-2 months.

Isn't it the higher the OG the longer it takes to be good?

Like something with an OG of 1.070 will take longer to mellow out then something with an OG of 1.050?

Back