level of carbonation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kabitzed

Reaction score
I ran the gas line into the fridge then to two tees. then out to the kegs.
If I want different volumes co2 in each keg, I would need more regulators, correct.
Once the beer is carbonated, and all three keg gas lines were connected wouldn't they all equal out over time?
My concern is that I have a porter and a stout I want carbonated at a lower level of carbonation and then a light lager that I want more carbonation in.

I have the same issue. I will be getting a 3 regulator set up so each keg can have its pressure individualized. From what I've been told by my LHBS, the pressure will stay at the carb level I want because of the CO2 tank continually putting pressure on the line, even if all three kegs have different pressure settings.

I have a 3 keg setup with only one regulator for co2, so I am in the same situation. I leave my regulator around 12-13lbs and carb my kegs to the pressure I like, then turn the gas off to that keg. If the keg has enough pressure on it to force liquid out, the beer retains that pressure in solution indefinitely. If my pour gets a little slow I turn on the the gas back on for a bit to boost it.

Sometimes I carb my kegs with sugar maybe you want to try that and use your co2 tank just to push it out your tap. I generally use 50% of the sugar vs. bottling when keg carbing. Play around with it over time you'll be able to make it all work...

I have a 3 keg setup with only one regulator for co2, so I am in the same situation. I leave my regulator around 12-13lbs and carb my kegs to the pressure I like, then turn the gas off to that keg. If the keg has enough pressure on it to force liquid out, the beer retains that pressure in solution indefinitely. If my pour gets a little slow I turn on the the gas back on for a bit to boost it.

Sometimes I carb my kegs with sugar maybe you want to try that and use your co2 tank just to push it out your tap. I generally use 50% of the sugar vs. bottling when keg carbing. Play around with it over time you'll be able to make it all work...

Back