Slight sour taste in beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

solidghost

Reaction score
Hi guys, I had brewed Cooper's Australian Pale Ale and it comes to me that there is a slight sour flavour in the beer. Not very much, but still when I drink it, I can taste a little sour taste.

Any idea where I went wrong? Improper sanitization?

How long since it was bottled? It may just be green. I had a similar issue (tart, green apple flavor) with my last batch and time should resolve the issue, hopefully.

It's about 3 weeks in the bottle. I didn't taste it, only my friends did. And they say it was very slight sourish taste.

Possibly green, possibly contaminated. The former if it gets better, the latter if it gets worse.

solidghost said:
It's about 3 weeks in the bottle. I didn't taste it, only my friends did. And they say it was very slight sourish taste.

Is it sour or bitter? What type of beer is it?

HOOTER said:
Is it sour or bitter? What type of beer is it?

They said it was sour. I didn't taste any off-flavours myself. I felt that there wasn't enough bitterness but overall it was okay.

I just hope that it is because it is green.

Back