My Neighbors Are...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewsmith

Home brewing moogerfooger
Reaction score
Loud, inconsiderate, pot-smoking, partying, ...did I mention loud jackballs.

They are in their garage playing the drums right now, not well mind you at 11:54 pm.

The last two weekends in a row they have had parties to 2am +

I really wish the LAPD did actually have nothing better to do because I'd call them. Too bad there more important things like gang members killing themselves to tend to.

Ok, I feel better.

I don't have a problem with the pot smoking, per se, but I do get clouds blowing over into my yard when the are in the garage.

I never realized there was such a gang problem in Torrance. I live in the area and haven't seen much activity. Of course I'm sure the police do have better stuff to do on a Friday night, although they might be more interested in it if you mention there's a chance for a drug bust.

My zip is Torrance, but I actually live in LA (Harbor Gateway). Torrance is a great place. LAPD response time to non-emergency calls is over an hour.

Loud, inconsiderate, pot-smoking, partying, ...did I mention loud jackballs.

They are in their garage playing the drums right now, not well mind you at 11:54 pm.

The last two weekends in a row they have had parties to 2am +

I really wish the LAPD did actually have nothing better to do because I'd call them. Too bad there more important things like gang members killing themselves to tend to.

Ok, I feel better.

I think you'll find some usefull ideas here: Revenge
Regards, GF.

There's another party starting now...

First it's family and kids playing but by 10:00pm it will be Mariachi, Ranchera and Dance/Hip Hop all night.

I'm brewing right now so what do I care.

First it's family and kids playing but by 10:00pm it will be Mariachi, Ranchera and Dance/Hip Hop all night.

You know, I'm old. So we go to bed by 10 PM. I would get annoyed if a car drove by that late! I remember the olden days, when I used to go out at 11 PM. But now, by 11 PM, I'm deep into reading and tucked in my bed. I don't know whether to feel sorry for you, or jealous. :D

I'm up pretty late, and I don't have a problem with people over, or even a party that goes to 11 or midnight, but in a neighborhood that has a bunch of houses, usually 2 to a lot, it makes the noise horrible, parking is a joke, and hordes of drunken people walking up and down the street at 3 am.

Earplugs are cool when you have noisy neighbors.

But I don't need em, i live in the country, pine trees don't make rave parties...

Well if they do, i never heard them do it. :)

Try having neighbors that think dogs are lawn ornaments. I woke up last night at 1:30AM because the dog was barking and howling.

I must say though, I'm a drummer and I'd never think of playing at midnight! Maybe I was just raised with a bit of respect for my neighbors.

I've had this problem before. It's not a problem when it's occasional. In a community, each person is allowed a certain noise allotment. Even if it is at 3:00 am. But if this is every weekend, or even every day, then they are no longer part of the community.

Call the cops. It's not only you who is annoyed but probably the entire neighborhood.

(Even if it is for the sole reason of reprimanding them for their poor taste in music hahhahaah!)

~ regards

They wrapped up the party early and I figured we were all spared...

That is until now. At after 1 am they turned the bounce house back on and are jumping and shouting.

Dude, they have a bounce house? Like the inflatable kind where you can jump all around in it? Sweet!!

I'll bet a pellet gun would fix that.

Let's look at it from a different perspective (one of the reasons you're venting to us...right??)

I'd make nice for a while...then explain to them how their partying effects you...maybe they don't know they're loudness carries (maybe)...then again, be grateful they haven't turned you in for moonshining...:D

Don't certain drum notes sounds like gun shots?

A concerned neighbor would surely call the police with the words "shots fired".

Watch the party die as the SWAT team roles up. :D

Its a tough issue. On the one hand you don't want to be 'that guy.' On the other hand they are making it difficult for you to live in peace and quiet. I had this happen two years after we bought a house in a tightly spaced neighborhood. We shared a driveway with our neighbors. Their home and yard was max 30 feet from our home. The neighbor-kids and their stoner buddies thought that it would be great if they could all smoke pot after school in their backyard with no parental supervision.

A stern and clear 'this is how its gonna be' discussion with the parents shortly after we saw this activity stopped that. But then the kids got a bit older and got cars and started their rowdy partying at all hours. They made it difficult for us to use the shared driveway. Further discussion with the parents changed nothing. The other neighbors are pussies and refused to get involved even though they complained in private. So we resorted to calling the cops several times. We even had a bike cop on regular patrol; the cops were interested in a potential drug bust. The kids hated us, and still 3 years later the kids give us nasty looks, but so what? What do I care about some idiot teens/20-somethings and their feelings. I only hope some teens do the same to them should they ever move out and get their own home. The parents are now much more mature about it and we get along with no friction.

Anyway, food for thought and don't let them make you feel uncomfortable in your own home.

Call the cops. Dope&Guns, swear to gawd!!
I live in a condo and have to go thru this same stuff occasionally.
Renters move in and think they have free reign over the community.
Wait until the weeeed smoke is rollin' then call 911 and tell em' you thought you saw some kids sportin' an AK-47
You will get results.
AP

ITS Fu$%ing 2 am and my neighbor (about 10ft away from my bed room) is blasting some loud a*s music right now. The wife is pissed, I had to be that guy - I called the cops and no one answered the door when the cops came.

Shoulda said you thought you heard screaming right before the loud music started. They'd have stuffed the door.

Latest posts

Back