NEW KEG SALE! HBT *ONLY* Promo Code! - Kegconnection.com

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
THESE PRICES ALSO INCLUDE FLAT RATE $7.95 SHIPPING, regardless of number of kegs ordered.

prices AFTER receiving your HBT exclusive promo code:
5 Gallon Keg = $110.35
3 Gallon Keg = $105.75
2.5 Gallon Keg = $102.99

*******UPDATE - At the moment we are having a sale which actually makes these kegs less expensive than they would be with the code, so there is no reason to request a code!*****

***Note concerning Chinese kegs that have entered the market.***

When we decided to bring new kegs into Kegconnection we looked at four different manufactures. Three of these were from China and the forth was AEB in Italy. Of the four kegs the AEB stood out as the clear winner. At first our plan was to select one Chinese company in addition to AEB in order to have some choices for our customers. We found serious issues with all of the Chinese kegs we tested. Here are some of the issues we ran into:

• Some of the Chinese companies claimed their kegs were 304 stainless, but in testing them we found they were not.
  • Many of the welds were not sanitary and we believe would have issues in the future.
  • They failed much too soon in the high pressure test. None of them failed before the 130 PSI, but vessels that hold pressure are supposed to withstand much more pressure than they are rated for in order to be safe.
  • They have no food or beverage grade approvals. This means that they are not authorized for this use in the United States or Canada for beverage and no one has independently verified that the materials being used are safe for this purpose.
  • They are not ISO 9000 Certified. While this is not, in our opinion, always necessary but we believe it is when dealing with a pressure vessel.
  • The companies that manufacture these kegs could not provide us with any type of insurance in the USA or Canada. This is of great concern to us as a business because if someone were to have an issue that caused harm, we believe it would be very difficult to get any type of help from a small Chinese company without insurance.
  • Many of the Chinese kegs had very different parts that were not at all compatible with kegs currently on the market. We believe this is a serious problem because we have no idea which of these companies will be successful in making kegs, and parts will be practically impossible to find for any that don't make it.

we believe in our customers being fully informed, 100%, of what they are buying, so that there are no future surprises in store for you. if you have any questions concerning our kegs or any kegs currently on the market (Italian made, Chinese Made, whatever) please feel free to post them here!

also, to show how much we care about you guys here on HomebrewTalk, we have an additional 8% OFF these already low sale prices! the catch? you need to be a registered HBT member and reply to this thread asking for the code, then we'll PM it to you ASAP. this code will work only for these new kegs, but it is an unlimited code and our way of showing our sincere thanks to the community that makes us who we are as a company! don't forget that we always offer $7.95 flat rate shipping, no matter what or how many items you order!

we do ask that you please not share this code around social media as we are serious that this is truly only a deal our friends at HBT will receive.
*******UPDATE - At the moment we are having a sale which actually makes these kegs less expensive than they would be with the code, so there is no reason to request a code!*****
cheers,

Todd

Thanks for the deals and products that you bring to the HB market! I don't need any kegs now, but will be back for a 2.5 or 3 gallon keg sooner than later.

They look awesome! I am not in the market for new kegs right now, but when i am I will be coming back to you guys.

Do these have their own spares such as posts and diptubes, or are they compatible with firestone or cornelius, etc.?

Plastic or SS gas tubes?

IrregularPulse said:
Do these have their own spares such as posts and diptubes, or are they compatible with firestone or cornelius, etc.?

Plastic or SS gas tubes?

The poppets used on these are widely available, under the "pin lock" poppet section of our site (these are Ball Lock kegs above, the poppets are for either pin lock Cornelius or Italian ball lock: http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=488)

The rest is straight forward ball lock parts (posts, lids, o-rings) & I'm pretty confident the gas tube is SS, but I'm finding out ASAP!

Code please :)

BTW-

Thanks for including your take on some of the cheaper kegs on the market. While it has been tempting for me in the past to buy them, I just cannot do it for these reasons, and others.

Bill

fright101 said:
Code please :)

BTW-

Thanks for including your take on some of the cheaper kegs on the market. While it has been tempting for me in the past to buy them, I just cannot do it for these reasons, and others.

Bill

Sent one your way. Thanks!

i edited the OP to reflect this info too, just so you aren't confused by that novel of a post i wrote!

prices AFTER receiving your HBT exclusive promo code:
5 Gallon Keg = $110.35
3 Gallon Keg = $105.75
2.5 Gallon Keg = $102.99

so if you'd like our new kegs at the pricing above, reply to this thread and we'll send you a promo code to use on our site.

we enjoy doing sales like this (that are HBT exclusive) because we appreciate how much the HBT community has supported such a small company as ourselves. some other vendors may try to point out that their every day pricing on some products is a little less than ours, and that might be all that is important to them, but we pride ourselves not only on our low pricing but our everyday A+ customer service; just check out the company review section of HBT for yourself.

cheers,

joshua

I don't need any kegs, but thanks for steering customers away from potentially dangerous knockoff products. Any pressurized container is a potential cause of injury and death (there have been several accidents, including at least one fatal one, in the professional brewing world this year) - this is not something to cut corners on to save a few $$$. These AEB kegs are awesome.

As others have noted, thanks for the research into the cheaper alternatives. I have a couple of the 2.5g AEB kegs and LOVE them. Great for splitting a batch into easy-travel size, can fit in a normal fridge with minor shelf adjustment :)

Code please, I might need to get a couple more of those at these prices!

I've sent out promo codes to everyone above my reply, that's asked for one, thus far. If you didn't get it through private message, please let me know. Enjoy your weekend folks!

cheers,

joshua

Plastic or SS gas tubes?

Josh answered most of this question earlier. I just wanted to verify that both of the dip tubes are in fact stainless steel. All of the parts for this keg are still being manufactured by AEB and many of the parts are also interchangeable with other American Made kegs. AEB has made these kegs for over 20 years and they plan on making them indefinitely. Some of the parts you see listed on our site and others for American Made kegs are also manufactured by AEB. We will always have parts for these kegs. In addition we can find parts for virtually any of the other kegs that were formally made in the United States (Cornelius, Firestone, John Wood, Allied Products and others.) If you need a part and are not able to find it on our site contact us by email or telephone (or post to this thread) and we will assist you with finding the part. Thanks again for your support.
Todd

I'm not buying any kegs in the near future, but I will be purchasing more hopefully by the end of the year. Since this is an unlimited code I assume it will still work 6 months from now? If that's the case please pm me the code.

Thank you.

Will be ordering a few hundred dollars worth of equipment for my very first keg setup. Very anxious and will be that much more motivated knowing I will be using a promo code! Please sent one my way! Thanks Joshua.

Code please. If I can round up the cash I want 2.5s, but not from China. Thanks for an acceptable alternative.

Back