Steam Table to Brew Stand??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bahamas

Reaction score
So after trolling these forums for tons of information that led to my conversion to an all grain system and answers to countless other questions, I figured it was time to share...

I have acquired this

http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/h422/bahamers/photo.jpg

http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/h422/bahamers/photo-1.jpg

It's a steam table and when I first asked about it, it still had the water tray above the burner and cross members making it fairly strong. Now that it was gutted, it essentially has a really high wind shield. So I basically still would need to build an endoskeleton to support the kegs and mash tun. Since I got it for free, I don't see much point in spending a lot of money retrofitting this. If that's the case I might as well use this for scraps. I am also thinking about cutting a 1/3 of it off and using the lower shelf to support my boil kettle so as not to need 2 pumps.

I like the price of black pipe but the last thread to complete a closed loop is a problem.

I don't own a welder.

I am open to any and all suggestions

Thanks.

I think it's an awesome find! I'd just gut the rest of the insides and pay a welder to mount some steel struts and burners across it. You'd have yourself a sweet brew stand for cheap, and if you don't use it you can always resell it on craigslist.

Well I decided to not bother with the steam table beyond cutting it up for heat shields. Built this guy based on the Wallace but decided to forgo 2 pumps and keep a hint of gravity. Though this post didn't get much feed back damn I learned a lot on this forum. If anyone wants to see any other pics or has any plumbing/construction questions let em fly.

image-1936553637.jpg

Back