Favorite Beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leftyguitarjoe

Reaction score
So, what beer really tickles your fancy?

There are a few that stand out to me. Wild Blue is up there on my list. I know, its kinda girly, but I think it tastes great! plus, its 8%, so you really start feeling something after 3 or 4 of em':mug:

I also love Sam Adams Octoberfest. Its just simply a great beer.

If you cant tell, I like malt beers. I am not a fan of bitterness. I tired Sam Adams Imperial Pilsner once. Wow. And Arrogant Bastard had quite a bitter kick to it as well.

I'm too much a beer whore to name one. In another thread though, I said if I could only have one beer for the rest of my life it'd be Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. That doesn't necessarily make it my favorite though, because my favorite changes frequently...

That tends to change. Historically, I'd say Black Butte Porter. But for right now, my favorite is Jubelale.

1/2: Over/under on people who can pick just one beer in this thread without some kind modifier

Ya, NO WAY can I pick. I'd have to say that recently I'm leaning from the blonds and sour beers that were really tickling my feathers a few months ago more toward stouts and porters and maybe even milds. I suspect the seasonal change is the cause. And for any style, I've got a few recipes that I like, and likely 4 or 5 commercial varieties that I'm down with.
That's why I'm a pirate not a ninja....EVERYTHING floats my Boat!

**EDIT.

NOT everything...I only like the ladies!

I'm sure I'll catch grief for it, but I like most Sam Adams except for that cherry wheat. Tasted like cough medicine to me. I really want to try that SN wet hop Ale but I can't find it here.

If I had to pick one, I would have to say either Deschutes Black Butte Porter or Bridgeport IPA. It is pretty much a tie between both of them. Realistcally it is as follows;

Bridgeport IPA
Black Butte Porter
Rogue Dead Guy Ale
Dog Fish Head 60m IPA
Stone Arrogant Bastard
Mac & Jack's African Amber

These are my usual go to beers

I view all "what's your favorite..." questions the same:
I won't list a "favorite" but my "always" choice. Black Label Society isn't my favorite band, but I can always listen to them.

So, my always beer is Duvel. I will never turn one down.

My favorite beer is the one I'm holding- Chuckie P :rockin:

or:
Arrogant Bastard
Chimay Red
World Wide Stout
Yeti
Bell's Expedition
Dogfish Head 90 Min
Moose Drool

eschatz: I don't know if anyone has ever answered the quote in your sig, but wasn't that The Great Shark Hunt ~ Hunter S. Thompson.

No favorite here be it brand or style but, I find I do prefer Ales over Lagers. However, I wouldn't call that the rule. I do still like a good Vienna, Bock, Maerzen, or occasional Pils.

"Music lover...your next" - (Speaker #1)
"It's the drunk piano player...your so drunk you cant hit nuthin...in fact your probably seeing double"
- (Speaker #2)
"Ive got two guns...one for each of ya" - (Speaker #1)

Great movie quote :)

My favorite beer is made at the brewpub next to my house - Bastone in Royal Oak, MI. The beer is NECTAR des DIEUX TRIPLE. It's heavenly.

Favorite commercially available beer is Rodenbach Grand Cru.

If I HAD to pick one, I'd pick two:

Pliny the Elder
Westvleteren 12 (cliche I know, so sue me)

Two totally different beers but I love them dearly <3

Back