Fruit juice ratio.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GWF

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I haven't posted on here for a long time. I'd like a little advice though.

I brew on the cheap, I buy tesco value fruit juices @ £0.55/liter ($1.10) and mix them with sugar and water then ferment them, what I'd like to know though, how much water should I add to the fruit juice? What is the correct water to fruit juice ratio?

Also: Do any of you from the UK know where I can buy fruit juice/sugar in bulk cheaply?

Thanks!
:mug:

Most wine brewers won't add any water to their juices, unless it's a juice concentrate. If it is a concentrate you're using, just add until you're at your target SG. If not, I wouldn't bother diluting with water/sugar; it won't be as tasty.

If you like apple wine, or concord grape wine, take a look at my recipes. (Under my avatar there is a drop down "recipes" link). Remember to use good tasting 100% juice and not juice drinks or juice cocktails with high fructose corn syrup or sugar added.

Don't add water to juice, just use it as is.

Back