Where can I buy 50lb sacks of grain?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you live near a Northern Brewer location they offer sacks at pretty reasonable prices. I haven't compared their shipping to 50lbsack yet, though. I've also heard of people buying sacks from their local brewpub- base grain mostly.
Edit: looks like shipping pretty much ruins it for NB.

Look at the group buy section. Maybe someone close is setting one up. I've also bought 5 10lb packs from morebeer and combining with other stuff got their free shipping.

austinhomebrew has 40lb sacks and cheap shipping.

its not as bulk as 50lbs but still not bad.

Try your LHBS. Learn to Brew is my local shop who also sells online - prices comparable to NB and local pickup. Most brew shops will have a better deal on full sacks than their per/lb price.

Cornykeg.com sells all of their grain for decent prices and only charges 7.99 for shipping. I ordered 4 50 lbs sacks and it only cost me 7.99 shipping

I live in Atlanta if that helps. I know Brewmasters warehouse is here. Have you guys dealt with them?

Try your LHBS. Learn to Brew is my local shop who also sells online - prices comparable to NB and local pickup. Most brew shops will have a better deal on full sacks than their per/lb price.

Since you're in Atlanta, buy from one of the stores there - I 'm pretty sure that will be your best bet.

Tried the DeKalb County Farmer's market? They have some bulk grains... i dont remember what cause i haven't been in a while. I love that place! Always try to check it out when i am in the area.

+1 My LHBS sells sacks of grain at 33% off and even allows me to bring it back and have it crushed whenever I need it. Picked up 55 lbs of Munich and 55 lbs of Pilsner for $137.50.

Finding a group buy, even if it means driving an hour or two, is your best bet by far. I get 55# sacks for 2-Row for around $30 and you can't beat that price anywhere...

Definitely see if you can get something in your area. Shipping almost always kills any "deal" you can get on line. Also, check out joining local homebrew clubs - For one, clubs often do "group buys" and you can get sacks super cheap. Also, my LHBS gives a 10% discount to our local club members - many brew stores do this. I recently got a sack of 2 row ($38), sack of german pilsner ($52) and a sack of german munich ($52) for about $140 from the LHBS. No shipping.

Any LHBS but the cheapest way is with a group buy or be a regular at a BP or Brewery,,, ask if next time they make a bulk purchase they let you order a couple sacks.

Many will not want to advertise this because they want to compete against the LHBS but they still might help you out on occasion.

DPB

Back