liquid wheat beer yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troybinso

Reaction score
I am going to start my second batch of beer today - a porter - and will use a dry yeast package like i did with my first. After browsing the posts, though, it seems the liquid yeasts are the way to go. I am already planning the third batch - american wheat - and I thought i would give the liquid yeasts a try. Any suggestions? White Labs or Wyeast? I don't want to much of the banana taste, trying to keep it simple to convince some bud select drinkers to move away from the dark side.

troybinso said:
I am going to start my second batch of beer today - a porter - and will use a dry yeast package like i did with my first. After browsing the posts, though, it seems the liquid yeasts are the way to go. I am already planning the third batch - american wheat - and I thought i would give the liquid yeasts a try. Any suggestions? White Labs or Wyeast? I don't want to much of the banana taste, trying to keep it simple to convince some bud select drinkers to move away from the dark side.

You may want to go with something clean like WLP001 or Wyeast 1056.
The first craft beer that I ever had was a wheat beer brewed with a regular ale yeast. I was hooked.
Get them hooked first, then go to the more extreme styles.

Back