Brewing for my graduation party...ideas?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poppy360

Reaction score
I'll be graduating from the Culinary Institute of America at the end of May and I'm now getting my ingredients together for the brews that I'll have on hand for the party. My tentative list is as follows:

Leviathan Ale - kegged (already made and conditioning) (house favorite, see my recipes)
Cider - bottled (already made and conditioning)
Blood Orange Hefeweizen - bottled
Ed Wort Haus Pale Ale PM version - kegged
Some Cascade based APA - bottled
???????? - kegged
???????? - kegged or bottled

I'd like to get the last two batches in as "just in case". I'd rather have too much beer than not enough. I may brew another batch of the Leviathan Ale with different hops just to try it AND because it's my favorite beer to date. I'm also thinking a Belgian ale, but it's probably not a good idea since not too many of my friends enjoy Belgian beers. Hmmm, maybe a Kolsch?

Post up ideas for the last two batches!
:mug:

Kolsch is a great idea, or you can try and tackle a lager. A blonde or cream ale would also work for a lighter flavored brew.

You don't have anything on the darker side, so a stout or porter would be a welcome addition to your lineup.

If you're afraid that stouts and porters are a bit too strong on flavor, try a mild, brown, or bitter instead.

Back