Fermentation...FINALLY!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sean from New Hampshire

Reaction score
Well, I brewed up a little test batch July 3rd. I have just enough bottles for one 5 gallon batch, but am short on cash and didn't want to spend money I didn't really have on 49 bottles of one kind of beer.

I kinda rushed myself, OG was alittle low and I feared after filling up my gallon jug that I have killed my yeast. I had left it in my office at work and for 4 days, I saw little to no bubbles.

Turns out my office must have been tooooooooo hot, I moved it to our label room and BAM!!

beer

beer

Is this just Trub? Or it it dead yeasties?

beer

Here's a vid:

Sean from New Hampshire.

Last edited by a moderator:
First thing---Your boss lets you ferment your beer at work! COOL!!!! I think unless your office would have to be 85 degrees for the yeast not to work. Also high temps kill yeast. Temp is very important make sure you set up in a good environment that doesn't change temp too much.
So I think that what happened with you is that you under pitched the yeast and it took a while too get going. And your stuff is trub and yeast. Looks good to me!! Good luck, I hope you made good beer!:mug:

Back