My Wild Cider Experiment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuffaloSabresBrewer

Reaction score
So I pretty much live in apple country. I got a gallon of fresh cider from Apple Fest today. It time to ferment it! Im going to pick up a muslin bag tomorrow pour the cider in a 1 gallon fermenter and put it in an apple orchard. Ill probably drink a few glasses first because it so damn good and it will have more head space. This is similar to something landhoney did once and thats where I go the idea. I know my results are pretty unpredictable but its might be something tasty and it will be fun. If I dont get and krausen after a few days im use gonna pick an apple and rinse it off (for any chemicals) and cut up the skin and drop it in. Im sure I'll get some activity from this but if not Ill actually pitch something. Ill try to take pictures.

If it was fresh pressed and not pasturized just put an airlock on it and let it go, the yeasties are already in there.

Or you can put it in an orchard for experientation purposes. whatever floats your boat.

FAIL. I drank too much of it before today. Some awesome stuff. I guess I have to get another gallon and try again.

Latest posts

Back