midwest honey ale with strawberry

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TEarley

Reaction score
I just made a batch of honey ale i got from midwest brewing. I added a nice enhancement with the strawberry puree i made from 5lbs of frozen strawberries. Basicly boiled down the berries and added a little corn sugar. Then poured it into my primary carboy about a half hour later when the wort was cooled i dumped that in as well. I didnt get a chance to make it to the shop for wyeast so i just used the muntons dry that came with it. For throwing it all together with out planning ahead it looks and smells pretty good, the whole kitchen smells like strawberry. Keep you all posted.

Sounds like that should turn out pretty well. I ended up not using the munton's that came with my Irish red and used nottingham instead, but I'm sure it'll turn out great. Definitely let us know!

i took some pictures of the brew. the second picture is 10 hours later.

2012-07-18_22-29-41_30.jpg

2012-07-19_08-05-40_83.jpg

Looks like you got a pretty good fermentation going, should turn out quite delicious

Back