So how hard has your beer supply been hit?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yeesh, after all the relatives and family gatherings, I barely have any beer left!

So how hard was your supply hit this holiday season?

I think next year I'm going to put out a donation jar. :)
Especially for my Aunt's new husband that seemed to like my beer toooo much. :drunk:

Oh well, at least they enjoyed it.. and it was the season for giving. . .

No problems here. Of course, I'm so far out in the boonies that people need a guide elk to get here. And none of my relatives even know what state I live in.

I got hit pretty hard. My Canadian Ale was gone in 5 days in the keg. We're about 1/2 way done with the Amber Ale.

1 lonely beer left after the holidays. I was on vaca for the last 2 weeks, so most of the damage was self inflicted. I have 2 batches that should be ready to drink this week though, so I will be back in business.

Both taps went dry at the same time. :mad:

Luckily I had another keg waiting to get put inline.

I was hit pretty hard as well, but had anticipated it. I've got 10g in secondary, one of which will be kegged as soon as I get my keg back. I pretty much took December off, so it's time to get something in the primary again.

i lie and tell 'em there not ready yet! ;~) "oh, man! sorry about that. they're carbonating and should be ready in a few days......."

I played it safe. I did not have any on tap or bottled. Just bought a couple of the Sam Adams Holiday Packs and handed them out. Most are Bud Light drinkers anyway.

My supply is tip top. My wife and I went to London Dec. 26-Jan 1. I was drinking cask conditioned ales at the Museum Pub across the street from the British Museum, Carpenters Arms across from Windsor Castle, and the Churchhill Arms in Kensington. So during that week, NONE of my precious homebrews were consumed.

I do have to admit, when I popped open one of my Hefeweizens last night, it seemed very carbonated, but I found myself loving it just as much as I did the cask conditioned stuff in London. Plus, I found myself thrilled at the fact that I didn't have to pay £3.00 for a good beer.

I have yet to crack my Pilsner, I have a porter to bottle. I'm in pretty good shape.

If your stash is depleted, it's time to brew like crazy. I did that last year, after I vowed that I would "never go thirsty again." :D

As You can see I am playing catch up myself. I killed a pilsner, christmas only has one bottle left, cream ale is carbed now but for about 2 days I was left with pale ale only. It got rough there for a while, pale is very light should be done next time we hit it. Pilsner in the hole ready in two weeks. Next up a fruit beer I think.

Holidays fun but wore me out, made a double batch in one day.

Need more kegs. :eek:

Yeah, I bottled my pale 3 days ago and brewed 15 gallons a few days before that. I only have 1 bottle left of my IPA.
Guess it will be dry cider and honey/cran fruitbeer for a while. :)

I saw a nice brew pot today. 68 qts. Aluminum ,but thick and for $82 CAD at Canadian Tire. Thats what, about $72. USD? Plus our annoying 14% worth of sales tax! Oh Canada....We stand in TAX for thee......

Is that a decent price?

I am down to about two cases (24 twelve ounce bottles each) of mine and maybe one commercial. I had close to five of my own and two commercial on hand to start, so I guess we made a good dent.

I had a batch of raspberry ale - very light and a nice berry flavor - that was real popular and tasty that went over very well, and a hoppy red ale that I prefer but was less "accessible" for some.

andre the giant said:
It was fantastic, now we just have to pay for it!! The exchange rate is a real killer.

yea, but well worth it:D

hope to make a similar trip one of these days...

I gave a 12 pack of assorted brews to my father-in-law for Christmas and having been drinking the rest up myself. Am down to about a case and a half in bottles with a new batch fermenting now.

Unfortunately about half of what I have bottled is a kolsch which didn't turn out as well as I would have liked.

I think I need to get another one going this weekend.

Back