Brew Timing/Scheduling Webapp

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hopleaf

Reaction score
I'm interested in writing some applications that help out on the 'non-brewing' side of brewing. Would you find value in a site that did the following:

1. Helpful tool to signal when to add hops, etc. during the brewing process.
2. Webpage that you can enter your rack schedule and get helpful reminders, track all of your ageing batches etc. i.e. reminders/calendar of when to do what. i.e. get an email reminding you to check the fluid in your airlocks on batches A, B and F.
3. Open interface so hopefully your favorite recipe building/brewing software will integrate to it.

I appreciate honest feedback, if the idea sucks please tell me.
Thanks,
Hopleaf

I'm interested in writing some applications that help out on the 'non-brewing' side of brewing. Would you find value in a site that did the following:

1. Helpful tool to signal when to add hops, etc. during the brewing process.
2. Webpage that you can enter your rack schedule and get helpful reminders, track all of your ageing batches etc. i.e. reminders/calendar of when to do what. i.e. get an email reminding you to check the fluid in your airlocks on batches A, B and F.
3. Open interface so hopefully your favorite recipe building/brewing software will integrate to it.

I appreciate honest feedback, if the idea sucks please tell me.
Thanks,
Hopleaf

I think it would be great for new brewers or brewers with busy schedules. I personally have my own "paper and pen" system but everybodys different.

i would love to have a web app that i can uses as a racking scheduler. i write on my calendar but always forget when i bottled, when it should be carbed, i make some wine also and the 30 day to 2 month racking schedule is a pain..

go for it!!

Thanks for the feedback, I'm going to pursue this idea. I'm starting simply with a web app but will plan to add iphone/android app access if the site is useful/popular.

The domain will be TrackABatch.com, I setup a simple webform for now to gauge interest. If anyone has ideas or comments, I'd love to hear them.

Hopefully I can get something simple up in the next month or two.

If anyone is interested in being a beta tester for my site http://trackabatch.com you can now signup (it's free). This is a website where you can enter the stuff you need to do for your batches and it will email you reminders.

I'm finishing up some stuff related to the reminders and once that's done I'll open up access for the beta people. Please bang on it, send me bugs, tell me what's good/what sucks so I can improve it (This has been a skill/resume building exercise for me)

PS: I find it hilarious that I thought I could do this in 1-2 months with a wife, kid (+1 on the way) and a day job.

Looks like trackabatch went offline?

:confused:

Hey thanks for the heads up huh?
I actually relied on that app to help me with my multiple batches i have going on...

Sucks I didn't write anything down elsewhere.
:drunk:

I sent emails to the current userbase but it must not of gotten to you. PM me your username and I'd be happy to pull your data and send it to you when I get home tonight.

Hopleaf,
Is your program excel based?
If you are still offering it I would like to get signed up with it.

Born2wine

Back