Best Bar in San Diego?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurch69

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'll be in San Diego in a few weeks. I'm looking for recommendations on a good craft beer bar. I was thinking perhaps O'Brien's. I'd love to sample some Russian River stuff! Thanks!

By the coast, Pizza Port (Solana Beach, Ocean Beach, Carlsbad) are good choices and always have great guest taps and brew made on the premises.

Blind Lady Ale House and True North are good choices around the North Park area of downtown.

In the North County, Stone Brewery in Escondido and Urge in Rancho Bernardo ahve pretty extensive tap lists.

Others will surely chine in but that should get you started. We have great bottle shops so you can likely pick up some bottles to take home, too. Have fun!

In the North County, Stone Brewery in Escondido

This, this, and only this. Don't go anywhere else. Do the tour if you want, but don't drink the free samples. Go straight to the outdoor patio and order from the extensive tap menu. It is a beautiful place.

Churchills almost always have russian river on tap...
Stone gets too crowded these days, but at least go there once to check it out..
If you got a smart phone download a app called taphunter, you can find what you want before you leave your pad...
Igotsand

Toronado is awesome and Small Bar is right around the corner. I loved Stone for a long time but honestly almost every time I go my top 3 draft choices are out and they charge more per pint than almost every other good craft bar in SD. The place is gorgeous but there really are better options. I second Churchill's as well, place is great.

Back