Please say this looks ok

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeorgiaTiger

Reaction score
Just opened the fermenter to check FG and saw this on top. Please tell me this looks normal.

image.jpg

good grief, GT

would you relax already? it's beer, not champagne

go buy yourself a six pack of something you like.

chill out, buddy... you're gonna explode

good grief, GT

would you relax already? it's beer, not champagne

go buy yourself a six pack of something you like.

chill out, buddy... you're gonna explode

Dont quite understand this, but whatever. I took the top off to check for FG for the first time. This is the first time I have seen it since I sealed it up and let it ferment. Gonna check the FG tomorrow or Saturday and if it is still at 1.012, Im gonna bottle it. Im not unrelaxed at all. I just had never seen what I saw before, thats all.

LOL. that ring around the outside of it tells me it was a sight! LOL. One reason I wish I had carboys instead of buckets. Cant see the party with the buckets. :D

just relax... that's all... nothing to understand

your beer is fine

but, i really do suggest you give it at least 3 weeks in the bottles.

i opened a wheat beer a little bit early, and was really disappointed because I thought i did something wrong. turns out that what i did wrong was open the beer too soon.

waited another couple weeks before i opened the next one, and it made a world of difference.

now i leave EVERYTHING in the bottle for a month, and it's working out much better.

it was my biggest lesson as a home brewer... you just can't do anything to make it go faster, and when i tried to, i messed things up, so i quit doing that.

Ah...I see what you are saying. Yeah, it will sit in a closet for at least 3 weeks until I put it in the fridge for a week or so before popping the top on one. Im slowly learning patience...slowly. :)

Yup. It's got it's own timetable & doesn't give a flyin ratt's a** about yours. Like pit bbq,it's done when it's done. And those rings...that dirty ring. First thing you see is "ring around the collar!". :p

Back