My favorite time of the year...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

high5apparatus

Reaction score
My back and neck finally allow me to haul my gear up from the basement. The cold water coming out of the tap is 48 degrees to fuel my wort chiller. Running the burners on the stove helps heat the house. Winter is my favorite time to brew. Three of six fermenters are bubbling away, with the next three brews already planned. Is it Friday yet?

Cold water is awesome for chilling! And it is nice to warm the house with brewing. That said, I do like a nice outside brew when it is comfortable outside. Fire up the burner for the mash and light some charcoal on the grill. Grab some veggies outside of the garden. That kind of stuff

Sigh I brew outside year round. The other day when it was so dang cold I just did not spend much time watching the boil.

New house will be vented so I can brew inside though

I have a "beer room" in the basement where the temps are below ale-optimal, but I plug in an electric oil radiator and let it keep the room at a constant temp and I'm good for fermenting. If it is still winter and I want to crash, I insulated the wood door to the concrete cellar under the stoop so it stays in the high 30's to low 40's during the cold months.

Back