jockey box-ish question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcakes

Reaction score
Was thinking about building a jockey box. And I had an idea.
Has anyone tried to turn a 10 gallon round cooler into an ice bucket with co2 tap? I'm thinking halfway between an ice bucket/picnic tap and a jockey box. I'd be limited to one keg, but it would save money on the chill plate and it would be easier to transport for me during the summer. I could mount a little paintball co2 tank to the outside and a single faucet mounted near the top. I looked at measurements for these coolers and it seems like they would fit a corny as far as width goes, just height might be a concern, but really, the top doesn't need to be on. Anyone have an advice, or resources from someone that has already done something like this? Also, I want to start kegging homebrew, but really don't have the room for a kegerator right now, so this or a jockey box were going to be my temporary alternative until I get a bigger place.

Thanks for the help.

Back