Grain storage in ferm chamber

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcace

Reaction score
I am currently storing my grain in buckets in my fermentation chamber. Is this safe? I have had a problem with the last 2 bathes but I think it has to do with my buckets. I need to replace the buckets with new ones. Could the grain in my ferm chamber also be a problem? Where do you guys store your grain?

2012-11-10 17.56.13.jpg

It would look so cool to store grain in a glass carboy. I store my grain in the 55lb bags they come in. I don't have mice becasue of the cats. Keep them dry and cool and off the ground. Storing grains in fer buckets is only a problem if you don't clean the buckets, everything else is hot side.

Storing grains in fer buckets is only a problem if you don't clean the buckets, everything else is hot side.

I am using separate buckets. The orange buckets are for grain and the white are for fermenting. Is temperature a problem for grain storage? During winter it will get down to 30deg and in the summer 100deg in my garage. Is that a problem for grain?

I know hot is bad, I don't know about cold; and not that's it's any help; I keep mine inside, I don't want the big Chicago rats into it.

Back