Heating Element w/built-in anode source?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

at3brew9

Reaction score
I've gathered the hardware for my electric setup over the past 6-7 years. Somewhere along the line, I found a 5500W "S" style element for my HLT that appears to have a magnesium anode built in to the element--see picture. I just don't remember where I got the element and haven't found any on-line that seem to match it. Does anyone have a source/part # for these elements (at a decent price)? My 4500W element in my boil kettle rusts like crazy if I don't get every single drop of water off of it after cleaning.

Thx!

RP

HLT_Element.jpg

Brewmation sells elements with a stainless base. They are pricey but I went with them cause my hard water rusts elements in no time.

Unfortunately the base of any of those aren't going to be stainless. It's pretty hard to find any screw in type ones that have stainless bases that don't cost a fortune. They're made more for the industrial market and you can find them on eBay. They usually have a box attached for electrical connections. I found some with a 316 stainless base and sheath on eBay once for not much but it was a very lucky find.

There are a lot of non screw in types that could used if you can find a way to mount them. Most of them are HWD I think but some are LWD I believe.

I'd be curious to hear how the 430 stainless elements do over a period of time because if they do well, that may be a good option.

A 304 stainless base and encloy sheath ULWD element at a reasonable price would be awesome if anyone ever decided to try to market to homebrewers.

bummer
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Unfortunately the base of any of those aren't going to be stainless. It's pretty hard to find any screw in type ones that have stainless bases that don't cost a fortune. They're made more for the industrial market and you can find them on eBay. They usually have a box attached for electrical connections. I found some with a 316 stainless base and sheath on eBay once for not much but it was a very lucky find.

There are a lot of non screw in types that could used if you can find a way to mount them. Most of them are HWD I think but some are LWD I believe.

I'd be curious to hear how the 430 stainless elements do over a period of time because if they do well, that may be a good option.

A 304 stainless base and encloy sheath ULWD element at a reasonable price would be awesome if anyone ever decided to try to market to homebrewers.

Back