Lateral tips drying

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rniles

Reaction score
This just occurred overnight but on one of my bines, the tips of the laterals are drying and shriveling up. Just the laterals and so far just one bine.

No damage that I can see (we have had some high winds but I can't see anything that indicates damage to the tips)

Any thoughts? This is happening on one of my cascades.

if the rest of the plant looks healthy it may have been just damage from the wind. the wind damage would most likely leave a 'ratty' or tattered appearance to the tips.

I couldn't see anything that would indicate damage from the wind - but you may be right. Also, on that bine, it only happened to about 4 lower skinnier laterals ...there are plenty more laterals with no damage.

I have had that happen on lower lateral bines. In fact, I have had most of the lower leaves dry up and fall off. As far as I can tell, none of the upper ones have had that problem.

Back