• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

20 oz. each, Citra/Amarillo pellet for same whole hop

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adrock430

Reaction score
Anyone interested? Just not that into pellets.

Amarillo pellets still vacuum sealed from hops direct...Citra opened last weekend, but didn't take any out, not sealed again. Kept in freezer. 2012 crop, hops direct.

Would also consider other quantities of different hops like galaxy, nelson, etc.

Not looking to sell, just trying to get same hop, or other harder to find hops, in whole cone form.

i have some 2012 Citra leaf that i would trade for some Amarillo pellets.
pretty sure i've broken into it (sorry, i have a freezer full of hops and i'm not home to check), so it would most likely be more like 1/2 pound. i have a few ounces of 2011 Amarillo leaf i could throw in as well.

i have a post below looking to trade my 2012 Citra for 2012 Amarillo, so this is right up my alley!

mantello/gmail

I have leaf amarillo, and I'd be up for an exchange. I'm not sure how much will fit in a "flat rate" box, though, and shipping is always a killer without the flat rate box. It's $5.15 for the small box. Vacuum packed, I could probably get 20 ounces in one but I'm unsure. I'd have to open, repackage with my food saver, and jam it in. Would that work for you?

Yooper, if you complete a transaction with adrock430 and still have some Amarillo left over, i'd gladly trade you for my 2012 Citra pellets.

I could scale it back for Yooper to 10 oz., and then 10 oz. to jman for citra. I weighed it on # scale, so it could be a little less/little more than 20 oz., but in the ballpark.

Word of warning tho, I have no food saver.

that would work for me. i'm guessing i have roughly 10 oz of Citra cones.
no food saver, here either (i used airtight plastic tubs) but i'd probably seal them up before shipping, solely because i'd need to weigh everything out.

I have plenty of Belma and Citra leaf hops fresh from this season. I would be interested in trading some of that as an even swap.

PM me if interested.

I could scale it back for Yooper to 10 oz., and then 10 oz. to jman for citra. I weighed it on # scale, so it could be a little less/little more than 20 oz., but in the ballpark.

Word of warning tho, I have no food saver.

Just let me know. I don't really want to do it for less, as the postage is the same for 20 ounces. I also don't want you to not do what works best for you, and your trades.

I would be fine either way, with my leaf hops, or with some pellets.

Yooper, you brought up a great point on shipping...didn't even think of that. Having already spent so much on hops, I'm kind of reticent to spend more on shipping! I'm going to have to think further about this...

Well I'm down for whatever you decide. I've got (best guess) probably 10-12oz Citra leaf and over a pound and a half of Belma. Really need some Amarillo.

Personally, I don't think NOT using flat rate boxes is that bad at all. It works in your favor to use flat rate boxes with heavier stuff but if I'm going to mail a pound of hop cones, I'd prob go a much different route.

Back