First time using fermentation chamber question.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KarlHungus76

Reaction score
Just got keezer delivered, and it coincided with my brewing another batch of Dude's Lakewalk Pale Ale. I pitched it onto a yeast cake from a caramel amber that I used the same yeast strain on.
I have the keezer temp controller set at 59 and the fermometer reads the same temp. Zero activity in the blowoff, but a nice krausen so I don't care about the blowoff much. It has been five days so far and I was wondering about slowly raising temperature for a diacetyl rest, any general temps/schedules for this?
Last question. I have heard about cold crashing causing suction into fermenter, any ways to combat this? I'm planning on cold crashing to about 34 for about a week after a 7 day dry hop in secondary. Thanks a lot.

D rest when you're about 70-80% of the way to FG. For your average beer with good fermentation, that's usually 3 to 5 days. According to Palmer. If you don't have Palmer's book, it's a great investment. Can answer about any question.

Back