Decommissioned 1/2 Barrel Kegs For Sale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tasteebrewer

Reaction score
I work for Big River Grille and Brewing Works in Chattanooga TN, we currently have a number of decommissioned 1/2 barrel kegs for sale. here is a list of what we have. They will be sold on a first come basis.

0 of 16 remaining -all SS kegs weight 31lb- great for kettles - $40 cleaned + $8UPS charge + shipping from 37401

0 of 7 remaining - SS and rubber weight 28.5lb - great for fermenters - $30 cleaned + $8UPS charge + shipping from 37401

0 of 3 remaining - SS converted hoff-stevens - could make nice horizontal fermenters - $20 + $8UPS charge + shipping

0 of 1 1/4 barrel skinny sanke $30 + $8UPS charge + shipping

0 of 3 1/6 barrel converted cornelius kegs $20 + $8 UPS charge + shipping

Contact Ben Whitelaw, [email protected]

I will be adding photos later today, thanks.... sorry the pics are horizontal....

Someone asked, why they are decommissioned? most have bad seals in the stem, and rather then replace them we decided to make them available to home brewers for conversion.

So all know, these are 15.5 gallon sanke kegs.

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

photo 3.jpg

photo 4.jpg

Sent you an email about checking if these are 15.5 gal or 50L. Definitely interested in two if they're 15.5 gal.

the SS kegs are going fast. the ones with rubber make great fermenters, and can be made into kettles with a little more work!

I'll take a rubber and SS if you still have one. Ekeggle...
I also sent you an email.
mlporritt.

I had to make some changes to the terms
of the sale due to the extreme cost of
shipping. I added a few other kegs we have available.

I may still have some 1/2 barrel kegs available, I will update later tonight once I know.

All of the kegs that have been requested and paid for shipped out today. If you purchased kegs and did not receive a tracking number from UPS then please contact me to figure out the situation.

Tom_FL said:
Can you explain by what you mean by a converted corny? If they will still work as a corny, I'll take 2.

it used to be fairly common for commercial breweries to use cornelious keg that have been converted to use a sanke tap... the top hase been replaced with a welded insert containing a sanke connection. and the tubes have been removed and holes sealed... it is no longer a corney...

Back