What is this program that my wife speaks of?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nasty_rabbit

Reaction score
My typical weekend mornings begin with two cups of coffee and then onto the garage/brew house, typically by about 09:00. My honey-do list is on the chalk board that must be erased to be able to list the brewing tasks of the day. I believe that this is why my wife’s list of things, that she is certain are more important, never get done. Consistently the first item on my list is to take a gravity reading of what ever is fermenting and then as not to waste the sample I must taste it. If I have nothing to take a reading of, I pour a pint and float a hydrometer in the glass for yuks and giggles to justify testing something. One or two of the neighbors will show up around 10:00 test their fermenters, crack open a bottle or pour a pint and then the day begins. If it’s a brew day, the equipment gets set up and the burners are fired up. If it’s not a brew day we are working on preventative maintenance by cleaning or rebuilding kegs, working on any of the DIY builds or “testing” whatever is available. By 1:00 pm we are well on our way to having 2 of the 3 sheets in the wind and my wife will pop in, shake her head and mumble something about a 12 step program. For the life of me, though I try, I can’t get past 10 or 11 by the time she shows up and if it’s a high gravity beer day 8 or 9 are really pushing it. Any help would be appreciated.

I suggest getting a chalk board for her and making a list of chores for her to do. I am sure that would go over big. :D

For marital bliss, I suggest doing one of the things suggested before erasing the board. Get your buds to help if you can. The sooner you get one of the items done, the sooner you can get to what you want to do and the sooner they (and you) can pour a beer.

After a couple of weeks, making a list for her would be useful too. The more things you do on her list for you, the more you can expect her to do on your list for her. I'd tell you what's on the list I make for my wife, but I'm sure you can imagine ;)

My list for her would be bother the heck out of me Friday night and leave me alone Saturday morning.

For marital bliss, I suggest doing one of the things suggested before erasing the board. Get your buds to help if you can. The sooner you get one of the items done, the sooner you can get to what you want to do and the sooner they (and you) can pour a beer.

After a couple of weeks, making a list for her would be useful too. The more things you do on her list for you, the more you can expect her to do on your list for her. I'd tell you what's on the list I make for my wife, but I'm sure you can imagine ;)

OMG I am so glad your not my neighbor :D

Back