Served my homebrew at a party

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewer_Steve

Reaction score
We had a small party here tonight with 8 friends coming over for drinks and food.
A couple people asked to try my homebrew. I only had a stout bottled. Surprisingly, people ended up drinking a lot of it. The most common comment was "nice flavour and none of that homebrew after taste".
People put down quite a few bottles of the stuff, despite many of them not being fans of "dark" beers. Needless to say, I was very pleased. Most people didn't even touch the beers they brought.

Now that everyone left, I barely have any homebrew left, but my fridge is stocked full of commercial beers left by my guests. One guest told me that he was going to bring me a case of Grolsch bottles sitting in his garage.

What a great night. It's one thing to brew a beer that I can appreciate, but to see my friends enjoy it so much brings me a whole new level of joy.

That must be a great feeling. I'm waiting for this moment to happen. I won't let anyone try mine because I have off flavors showing up after 3 weeks in the bottle. Sigh.

The most common comment was "nice flavour and none of that homebrew after taste".

I think the general public associates homebrew with "nasty stuff that gets you drunk cheap". Thanks for showing them how we do it. Well done.

I took a few bottles of my american Lager to a holiday party and everybody loved it. It went so fast I didn't even get any.

We had my son's first birthday party the day after Thanksgiving. About two weeks earlier, I tapped the keg on my first lager. I made the mistake of asking anybody if they wanted to try some.
Brother-in-law: "Is the keg supposed to be blowing air?"
Me: "Damn"

It is possibly the best feeling a homebrewer can feel:mug:I took a keg of Ed's Haus pale ale to an annual construction company party for all their subcontractors. I knew a couple guys that would be there that dabbled in homebrewing, so I figured maybe it would barely get touched, considering thay have 1 and 1/2 kegs of some commercial lager. As the night went I would look at everybodys clear dixie cups and like half the party was drinking my beer! After they found out who made it, I was recieving comments on how great it was. "I forgot what it was like to taste my beer" ; one older carpenter replied. That whole keg was worth the gratifacation.

I had the same experience. A friend of mine came down over Thanksgiving and I gave him a 12 pack of my IPA, CranBeery, and Scot Stout. I went to his house over x-mas to find that he still had 2 off each, so we poured a few for my friends to sample.

To my surprise, they liked all of them alot (of course the girls liked the Cranbeery best), but my stout didn't taste right to me but they thought that it was one of the best beers they have had.

nice work! the girl and i had an open house party in early november, and alot of people tried my homebrews for the first time. most people weren't to big on the american style ipa hoppy beers, but my Steam and Belgian ale both went pretty fast, and those were the two i thought just sucked, haha. it is a good feeling, and now a few of them want to learn to brew!

Back