Wort Chiller Adapter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard

Reaction score
I just bought wort chiller and didn't get the adapter because I figured it wouldn't fit on the tap in my sink anyway. Can anyone recommend a good place to get something to hook it up other than Home Depot or my local hardware store? Or are those my only options?

If you mean the faucet adapter to hook a hose to a sink faucet you could try someplace that sells water bed supplies. Although those are usually plastic and are easy to cross thread. Otherwise, you could always hook it up to the cold water faucet that feeds your clothes washer or to an outside faucet.

This of course assumes you can unscrew the aerator from the faucet, two of the four faucets inside my house do not have a removable aerator.

I'm confused:

are you looking for a unique adapter that HD or your local hardware store doesn't carry or you need an adapter but don't want to buy it at HD or your local hardware store?

I'm looking for something that will connect the wort chiller to my kitchen faucet. I'm just not sure if my local hardware store or Home Depot will be able to help me. Is this kind of thing difficult to find?

maybe if you told us what kind of connection is already on teh wort chiller?

is there a little screen on your faucet?...if so unscrew it (it may be tight) you will find a threaded piece. Take the filter part that you unscrewed to any hardware store and they will get you the right faucet adapter....I believe it is universal. It wouldn't hurt to take your Chiller with you...

It should look like this;

1316.jpg

It's a universal part found at any hardware store, it if for fitting a garden hose to your sink if the sink has a smaller thread.

You'll need the same thing if you buy the jet bottle washer....

Latest posts

Back