Vinegar?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Absolut_Ninja

Reaction score
I saw a couple threads related to this, but did not seem to answer my question. I tried to make a hefeweizen that smells fine, but tastes like wheat wort but really sour. I assume it went under lacto fermentation before the yeast kicked in, cause it stalled at 1.020 and I do not taste any hint of the 3068. I assume so because I also lacto ferment kraut, giardiniera, soda, ect. with kefir whey. I think a whole kitchen sanitization is in the near future....

I am contemplating making vinegar. If it already tastes off will I just be harboring the wrong bacteria or is it a good first step in a very wrong direction? Am I clinging onto the remnants of my first AG batch? I know everyone says don't dump and I am not inclined to, but it hits the tongue pretty hard.

Vinegar helps to eliminate fatigues. It is a source of good taste but there are some exceptions,it may be harmful to the persons who suffer from hyperacidity.

Back