Chateau Welch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starderup

Reaction score
Just toying around with wine. I hydrated half a packet or so of the yeast, and poured it into a sterilized gallon jug. The bottle of grape juice is of the 3 quart size, so I think I will have enough headspace. I just used sterilized foil for the top. This morning, it has a nice thin layer of bubbles on it.
I figured for about six dollars, it would be a fun experiment.

Ignore the OG and FG numbers. Its a required field, so I just put something there.

This post was moved out of the recipe database, and put into the regular wine forum.

The recipe database has required fields, like tasting notes, so that only completed proven recipes are in there. Experiments, one time wines, unfinished brews, etc. go into the regular forum.

I love making wine with Welch's juices. It should turn out just fine!

This post was moved out of the recipe database, and put into the regular wine forum.

The recipe database has required fields, like tasting notes, so that only completed proven recipes are in there. Experiments, one time wines, unfinished brews, etc. go into the regular forum.

I love making wine with Welch's juices. It should turn out just fine!

Thanks for the help. I wondered why it looked different!
After seeing one or two of the other wine recipes, I thought I might have made a mistake by not adding any more fermentables to the juice, but if you have done that, then I feel more confident it will be a positive experience.

Back