Made my firstg AG today!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bell0347

Reaction score
Made an amber ale today using my 3 gal. MLT I built for PM batches. I had some grains left over from making a PM version of BM's Centennial Blond and added some medium crystal and a couple ounces of chocolate plus the leftover hops. This was a 3 gal. batch by the way, I can only mash about 7lbs. or so. Thanks to all I have read here and messing around with Beersmith, I was only 0.01 under my target OG. Hope it turns out good.

By the way, BierMuncher, The Centennial Blond partial mash I made is the best beer I've made by far and it's only been bottled for 5 days! Another week or so and It should be outstanding. Thanks, for the great recipe. I intend to brew this one many times over.:mug:

Congrats :mug: That first AG is really exciting isn't it? I hope (and I'm sure) it'll turn out great!

SWMBO and I just finished making BM's Newcastle clone. Once it's done with primary we intend to harvest the yeast (Wyeast #1099... stuff's expensive :() and make BM's Centennial Blonde.

I too am sipping on BierMunchers Centennial Blonde and that was the first AG I did as well it is Yummy! I put 30lbs on the keg Sat morning and Sunday afternoon I knocked the pressure down to 9 and served at garage temps 45degrees, it was a little cloudy but it was the first beer I did AG and what a difference?

Back