WYEAST 3724 Belgian Saison

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewguy82

Reaction score
All I gotta say is this yeast takes a while to ferment out...Finally mine as finished fermenting around a month or so it sat in the primary. BUT the flavor profile is GREAT!!!:rockin:

I'm right there with ya. I'm going to be doing a saison soon with some washed 3724. Going 85-90 and above all the way through.

I had it pretty hot...I wrapped the thing in a warming lanket on the 2nd day and kept it there for about 3 weeks. My final gravity was at 1.013

man...My Saison has been sitting in the Fermenter for 2.5 weeks and its right there at 1.030. I have it in the house at around 75 degrees, which I realize is on the low side...but don't really have much of a way to keep it hot? Its about 100 outside...I may just leave it on the back porch for a week or so?

That would be what I would suggest. Get a tub of water or something to put the fermenter in so that it keeps any big temperature swings from creating a bad environment for the yeast.

Are you talking about a electric blanket that one would use for a bed? Then you just wrap it around the carboy and keep it set on low?

Yea exactly it worked very well for myself. After a while I kept it on medium though

I had it pretty hot...I wrapped the thing in a warming lanket on the 2nd day and kept it there for about 3 weeks. My final gravity was at 1.013

1.013 is way too high for a saison. My bet is that it wasn't done when you packaged it. I've used the yeast and had slow but steady gravity drop for about 6 weeks (keeping it hot). If you bottled, I'd chill them once they hit their optimal carbonation level.

1.096 to 1.009 in only 3 weeks with this yeast! And it is still fermenting. I kind of cheated though. added 5 lbs of honey to the primary as fermentation started slowing. Either way it tastes pretty dang good for being a little under 11.5 percent in only 3 weeks. fermented at 75 degrees for 3 days, added 5 lbs of honey (had a bit of a mess), than threw it in the garage and kept it at 100. I was a little scared of that high of a temp but so far I am not tasting anything out of the ordinary. just tastes good!

Back