10 gallon batch, 5 gallon cornies

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coosabrew

Reaction score
Just upgraded to 10 gallon batches and have my finished beer in 2 cornies. I have the gas line on one keg in the in port and the out port of that same keg is connected to the in of the other keg. Will the gas carbonate both kegs? Or should I treat them on there own? My thinking is that the keg that is gassed will absorb till saturated then the excess gas will transfer to the other keg. Other thoughts?

Oh boy. Won't that just force beer into the last keg until the pressure equalized? Could get messy. You're better off with a gas line tee.

Definately T the gas line. This is how people transfer beer between two kegs, cuz the gas will push the beer up the dip tube and over to the other keg. However, you don't want beer going in through the gas side. It will just splash into the keg.

Definately T the gas line. This is how people transfer beer between two kegs, cuz the gas will push the beer up the dip tube and over to the other keg. However, you don't want beer going in through the gas side. It will just splash into the keg.

But if the second keg is full, then minimal splash. That's my thought. This is in my fridge, so the tee thing would work and then when one is done, transfer the liquid line. This I understand, this is my first go on 10 gallons. Just thinking of another way to skin a cat and am looking for input.

Just upgraded to 10 gallon batches and have my finished beer in 2 cornies. I have the gas line on one keg in the in port and the out port of that same keg is connected to the in of the other keg. Will the gas carbonate both kegs? Or should I treat them on there own? My thinking is that the keg that is gassed will absorb till saturated then the excess gas will transfer to the other keg. Other thoughts?

you can serve in series like this with no problem, but you can't carb in series.

Back