cleaning out the fridge.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joos

Reaction score
So I purposely haven't put any homebrew in the fridge so that I'd drink the random beers people have left here.The wife has been on me about them for some time now.So I just drank a
labatt blue.Not terrible,no flavor but better than most BMC I'd say.

A SA cherry wheat.Again not bad,doesn't taste like beer,but kind of like ludens cough drops which I like.

And I just poured my self a miller high life.Holy freakin crap is this disgusting!I used to drink this stuff when I was a kid.Now I don't know how I did it!It's not just a lack of flavor.There is a flavor in it and it's nasty!Maybe because it's been in there for about 4 months?I don't know ,but this one is going down the drain.

I had a bottle of Bud Light that sat in my fridge for years. I was saving it just in case my wife's ex stopped by, then I could offer him a beer. :D

hahaha thats a great idea.Too bad the MHL is already down the drain.I should have bottled it;)

I feel your pain. SWMBO and I went to a minor league baseball game, and I had the great choice of Bud Light or Mikes Hard Lemonade. It was *ALMOST* worse than being sober.

Say what you will about MHL, it is actually considered a benchmark example of 1B.

With the clear glass bottle, skunkiness is almost assured.

I don't know about you,but I don't think that's a good thing.

I assume you mean the skunkiness? No, that is a definite off-flavor.

Since I'm participating in a BJCP study class, I'm becoming much more attuned to understanding how styles evolve and identifying off-flavors.

I had a couple Keystone Ice cans Friday night at my friends place. As soon as it hit my lips I instantly had a flash back to college and fraternity parties. I hadn't had a beer that ****ty since last years tailgating season. Damn it was bad. Luckily I grabbed a Stone Ruination at the grocery after that.

I assume you mean the skunkiness? No, that is a definite off-flavor.

Since I'm participating in a BJCP study class, I'm becoming much more attuned to understanding how styles evolve and identifying off-flavors.

That and the "little to no" flavor of any kind.I'm sure it hits the style dead on.I just don't like the style:D
I'd like to get into something like that.Have'nt had the time though.I love knowing what causes certain flavors good or bad.

That and the "little to no" flavor of any kind.I'm sure it hits the style dead on.I just don't like the style:D

I'm not fond of adjunct-laden lagers either, so it's a challenge to evaluate them for what they are designed to be vs. what you want a beer to be.

on the plus side.It's a lot easier to detect any off flavors.

Say what you will about MHL, it is actually considered a benchmark example of 1B.

With the clear glass bottle, skunkiness is almost assured.

Actually... those beers are treated chemically so isohumulone does not react with light in their clear bottles.

Something to know especially if you're studying bjcp.

Unfortunately the treatment does nothing to improve the improve flavor/body etc. :p

Back