Swing top bottle stopper on non swing top bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ply318ci

Reaction score
I'm glad to know they still make them. People have in the past posted about antique versions of them, and asked if they still were available. I periodically did some searched and came up dead.

They should work fine.

Great thanks for the info, these look like the cheapest route to go for me since the nearest brew shop is a 1.5 hour round trip and the shipping to ship a bottle capper and capes from 3 different site was 20 bucks, making my total 40 dollars. With these I can get all I need for under 20,

I had bad luck with grolsch style bottles & tops. I can't view the link because it's blocked from work but I imagine it's similar. I did a 5 gallon christmas batch and about 90% of the grolsch style bottles didn't hold a seal good enough to fully carbonate. The few bottles I did use standard caps on came out great. I was really bummed too, because I gave out a lot of those bottles as christmas presents. Of course I didn't know they didn't seal good until after I had given them out. I had only tasted the standard capped bottles because I was saving the fancy onces for the xmas gifts. After that I decided I would never chance that again.

Back