Only thing a Mac is good for... :)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
beer.jpg

;)

Isn't it possible to have at least ONE forum on the 'net which doesn't contain the pc/mac debate? Besides everyone here is smart enough to realize macs are far superior.

And........ flame!

:)

Well aren't Mac's just under powered PC's with an over glorified OS now anyway? :D A real rebel goes with 64bit AMD running linux. (though admittedly I'm using the windoze virus OS)

Actually they both suck. Should have stuck with Atari..

I wonder what OS they're running in that G3. OS9? I wonder if the beer tap crashes? Might need to upgrade to OSX.

That tap probaly works good if everything is OS9. Actually Tiger works really well for most stuff. Just have to be careful in the OS9 run time enviro.
Let's talk about beer instead. Do you like beer?

Denny's Brew said:
A real rebel goes with 64bit AMD running linux.

the newer Mac OS's are basically a version of Linux. as soon as apple starts using 64bit AMD processors (and adding another button to the mouse!) I might consider buying one.

No no no no.. Mac OSX is based on an obscure kernel and FreeBSD. Linux has nothing to do with it.

And the IBM chips have almost always been faster and more efficient than their Intel/AMD counterparts. However, Apple is ceasing development of the XNU kernel for IBM's chips and is moving to the x86 architecture, so maybe you'll get your wish to use an AMD 64-bit chip in the next year or two.

And FYI, you can plug just about any USB mouse into a Mac and use all of the buttons. Not to mention Apple's Mighty Mouse, a mouse with multiple buttons including a touch pad with definable functions for definable sections of the pad.

Walker said:
the newer Mac OS's are basically a version of Linux. as soon as apple starts using 64bit AMD processors (and adding another button to the mouse!) I might consider buying one.

It would help if there computers didi actuallu dispense beer. Sure would be convenient, sitting at your computer, yappin' away on homebrewtalk and just having tolean over to pour another beer. Now if I could just fit a keg in my laptop...

<div class="sigh">am I just being baited here?</div>

<p>That is a pretty cool way to use those old G3s though. Remember when that was the coolest thing ever?</p>

Denny's Brew said:
I wonder what OS they're running in that G3. OS9? I wonder if the beer tap crashes? Might need to upgrade to OSX.

It works fine, but you can only serve Apple's proprietary beer, and it costs twice as much as the other brands.

ian said:
True, true. But, its GOOD BEER!!

If but a tad underpowered, and only available in a limited number of styles. Though a very color co-ordinated Tap. Does the beer color match the Mac case?

I had atari computers when I was a kid. 520ST was the model I was salivating over back then. Better than a Mac and it came out earlier too. <sigh> Then gates/IBM/intel had to ruin everything...

I still have my Atari 800XL in a box somewhere.

Started out on the Texas Instruments TI99/4a and the TRS-80 MKs II, III, and IV (The Trash80!)-First at home computer was.......an Apple IIC.....with a mind boggling 128K on board memory and an internal floppy drive-W00T!!!

Eventually, got assimiliated by the Microsoft Borg, and now their flaws turn into my job security!

Now, if I can just get the tap lines into the datacenter............

Back