CO2 distributor vs T

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aeonderdonk

Reaction score
Ok, I know i've created my fair share of threads today on being a kegging n00b, probably should have done them all in one.

I am about to pull the trigger on order of final parts from kegconnections and am debating getting a distributor for 2 lines or just going with a T connection to split the line.

Do you have a preference? What are the pros/cons of each besides being able to turn off each line individually. I feel like I wont care about turning the whole tank off to pull a keg versus just the line.

well a distributor will probably have check valves on each line. The T won't. And if you're not using a line you can shut it off without worrying about it leaking at the disconnect. You may also get off flavor from one keg over to the other, but not sure on that, but its possible. I have a 4 way manifold and 1 is T'd, but either works fine

check valves alone are well worth the price of admission. Do not try to save the few dollars between these two items. The last thing you want is beer fouling your gas lines.

Atleast get the manifold , then T off from there. That way you have the check valves and some sort of segmentation.

I picked up a pair of secondary regulators that I plan to T off from so I can serve different kegs at different levels of carbonation. They're more expensive than a distributor but I wanted some flexibility. :)

Back