Keeping track of all the beers at GABF

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesnsw

Reaction score
So last year I went to GABF for the first time, and had a great time. I was able to figure out my general taste, what I liked and didn't like overall. So generally, I learned a lot. But specifics? I have no idea what beers I tried, what breweries, etc. It was just way too much to take in.

So how do people actually take anything away from something like this? I contemplated pen and paper, but that gets annoying to pull out. I have an iPhone, and taking notes on it takes too long to be worth it in this case, and taking pictures is also kinda slow. (There, I said it. The iPhone is far from perfect.) I'm not counting any out, just wondering how other people do it, what tricks people have.

Wouldn't it be great if somehow everyone had a scanner, and each beer had a barcode, so you could walk around and zap all your new favorites? Sigh...

Isn't there a voice memo app in the IPhone? That sounds pretty easy. They also make a barcode reader app for the IPhone but you would need at least a bottle to scan. If it even works. NeoReader

Voice record is pretty cool. My pocketPC phone has one that you can record several audio files in one note, and add handwritten notes if you like as well. Might be nice to record notes for each separate brewery that way. The voice record is pretty easy to operate.

Hmmm voice record... that could be the way to go. Thanks!

Back