New Forum for Bonehead Brewing maneuvers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gkeusch

Reaction score
Shouldn't there be a separate forum for submitting the really dumb and/or careless stuff we pull while homebrewing? Maybe we could earn a little icon of a boil-over by our name or something, like the little planes that represent kills on the cowling of a fighter jet? This would help us all comisserate, quit worrying, relax, and have a homebrew. I thought of this over the weekend when I went to use my new stir plate for the second time and could not find the stir bar. After a frenzied search and a careful but fruitless inspection of the bottom of my sum pit in the basement (yuck!) I realized that when I used it the first time I had simply forgotten about it being in there with the yeast slurry , then pitched it again onto my compost pile with the dregs in the fermenter. In future I will be buying them two at a time :)

Back