Next brew I'll try my new in-line oxygenator.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ontap@home

Reaction score
I acquired a nice oxygen tank / regulator / flow meter. I made a throughmomerter out of 1/2" copper pipe coming out of my CFC. In the end of it I put a Oxygen port. The port sticks into the inside of the copper pipe. I drilled about 16 #57 holes in the port. I hope this will release the oxygen into the wort as it travels out of the CFC and into the fermenter.

If it doesnt appear to work, I'll used the diffuser stone in the fermenter.

Drilled tube might work okay if O2 flow is kept at a low flow rate so the wort does not end up with a head of foam from unabsorbed O2 bubbles. It might work better if you could put the stone in the copper chamber as the smaller size bubbles absorb into the wort more efficiently.

Are you gravity feeding the CFC or pumping? The reason I ask is, I wonder if the positive pressure created by the O2 will hinder gravity feed or not. Certainly not an issue if you're pumping. I really have no idea at this point because I'm yet to use my keggle and CFC.

Back